Monday, October 05, 2009

Sankofa Caravan to The Ancestors '09- VIDEO

Peace fam! Here is a video for the National Black United Front's 12th Annual, SANKOFA CARAVAN TO THE ANCESTORS event which takes place in Houston and Galveston, TX. October 15-17, 2009. This event has been something that has literally changed the lives of many people, through assisting in reconnecting them to their African ancestry. This is the place where religious beliefs don't matter and your faith in the oneness of God and community are revitalized.
I've attended 9 Caravans and every year they are beautiful and unique to the energy of those attending. If you would bring yourself,family, and friends to this years Sankofa Caravan to the Ancestors with an open mind on healing our community, one family at a time! A Real change will take place!
All faiths are welcomed and no spirit leaves the same! The theme for this years caravan is "Settle your quarrels, come together...the sooner begun,the sooner done" quoted from ancestor George Jackson, is very relevant in ALL of OUR communities. From spiritually, socially, financially, and politically WE MUST COME TOGETHER NOW! Caravan is a week and a half away...are you coming? I humbly request that you take a look at this video presentation.
Blessings...
ZIN

p.s. If you've attended the Caravan before please leave a comment on your experience below.


2 comments:

miss.kaleah said...

The dates I see everywhere for the Sankofa Caravan event are October 15-17. Any info on what is going on the 15th and 16th?? I've never gone before and I might like to meet a few people first. :)

Unknown said...

Greetings King! I have attended five Caravans and after each I felt refreshed. I can't speak for the energy of anyone else, but my soul, spirit, and energy are looking forward to this one just based upon the theme. I am ready to reconcile some issues with God and let them bannish to the waters of Galveston. I am also looking forward to seeing new AND old faces, especially yours brother. Blessings & Peace Until Saturday. AJ